Accounts Receivable Coordinator – Sarasota
Take Care is accepting resumes for a full-time Accounts Receivable Coordinator in the Sarasota, Florida corporate office. For this position, a minimum of three to five years in an accounting capacity is required. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits package.
Take Care’s energetic, forward-thinking team of colleagues work together in a setting that promotes professionalism and encourages career growth. Take Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free, smoke-free workplace.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for processing the weekly payroll, billing, accounts receivable functions, and providing work direction to other accounts receivable staff. These include but are not limited to: client collections, time slip verification, insurance verification, posting and processing of billing documents, preparing deposits and credit card processing, preparing invoices, statements and communication with clients on inquiries as well as any discrepancies.
Senior Accounting Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, accounting programs (Quickbooks preferred) and ability to work in a network environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stress and stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships and maintain a respectful work environment
Required Education & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in accounting capacity
- Payroll experience preferred
- Collections experience strongly preferred
Essential Job Duties:
- Time slip verification, editing and processing in preparation for billing/payroll.
- Develop a solid understanding of the payroll process to be primary backup in payroll manager’s absence.
- Process and post all weekly / monthly billing accurately and by the deadline. This includes processing petty cash requests, supplies, mileage and working closely with the Insurance Coordinator on insurance clients’ balances.
- Provide work direction and feedback to other accounts receivable employees including accurately training new staff and coordinating work flow.
- Maintain the accuracy of the client information as it relates to billing.
- Communicate with clients on any discrepancies and resolve client-billing questions.
- Work with the Insurance Coordinator in coordinating clients’ long term care insurance policy benefits, billing and payments. Primary back up to Insurance Coordinator.
- Assist supervisor with process improvement initiatives in order to streamline work processes and increase efficiencies within the department.
- Work with supervisor to reconcile insurance client balances between insurance due and private portion due.
- Responsible for collecting on client accounts and preparing aging reports monthly.
- Prepare deposits and process credit card / ACH payments.
- Filing as needed.
Marginal Job Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
Take Care Private Duty Home Health Care offers competitive compensation and a great office environment. In addition, we offer a full benefits package to include: health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation time and 401(k) Retirement plan.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please upload your resume and salary requirements for consideration by clicking on the apply option below. Take Care’s Human Resources department will contact candidates to complete applications and to schedule interviews at Take Care’s headquarters located at 3982 Bee Ridge Road, Building H, Suite A.
Take Care reserves the right to revise this job description at its discretion. This job description is not intended to state that these are the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be assigned in addition to these and changes may be required when job circumstances change. (Ex: emergencies, changes in workload or personnel, or other developments) This job description is not an employment contract and is not intended to suggest the end of the at will employment policies of Take Care of Sarasota, Inc.