The Take Care is accepting resumes for a full-time position for a Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) to support our RN, Clinical Supervisors and Triage Team.
Take Care’s energetic, forward-thinking team of colleagues work together in a setting that promotes professionalism and encourages career growth. Take Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free, smoke-free workplace.
To provide support to the RN, Clinical Supervisors in office by handling administrative responsibilities in the Nursing Department such as but not limited to, providing client reports, documenting in electronic medical records and other administrative functions, as well as provide PRN Support to the Triage Team after hours. To use critical-thinking skills to problem solve for both clients and caregivers. The LPN works under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Clinical Director and Clinical Services Administrator
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem-solving capability
- Provide good customer service to both clients and caregivers
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Proficient computer skills with a Windows environment and keyboarding ability
- Knowledge of safe transfer techniques and related equipment
- Must be able to work independently
Required Education & Experience:
- Current Practical Nurse Licensure in the state of Florida
- Current CPR certification
- One year experience in home health
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide accurate and detailed verbal client reports from the client records to caregivers in the field in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate medication verifications to Skilled Nursing Staff in the field in a timely manner.
- Review and check medication sheets returned from client homes; write needed corrections and notify Skilled Nursing Staff in the field of needed corrections.
- Take new client orders and appointments from Skilled Nursing Staff in the field.
- Exercise critical thinking skills via telephonic communication with clients and caregivers.
- Provide clear, concise documentation of every telephonic communication, whether initiated or received, to be filed in the client record.
- Coordinate with schedulers to assure appropriate caregiver selection to staff client care needs.
- Flexibility to provide PRN support to Triage Team after regular business hours and holidays.
- Full compliance with Take Care policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, HIPAA privacy requirements.
Marginal Job Duties:
- Contact clients in a timely fashion to confirm care schedules as needed.
- Monitor incoming emails and provide phone support.
- Other duties as assigned.