RN Geriatric Care Manager – Sarasota
Take Care Advisor, LLC
Job Position: RN Geriatric Care Manager
Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Care Advisor currently is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the part-time position of an RN Geriatric Care Manager in Sarasota, Florida.
Our nurse Geriatric Care Managers help clients and their families manage the complexities of life with unbiased professional guidance addressing health, independence, and peace of mind. Navigating today’s health care system is for anyone a complex challenge due to the many unrelated providers, services, alternatives and insurance programs that comprise the health care industry. Furthermore, Take Care Advisor understands the need for a proactive approach in planning one’s health care future. Our registered nurse geriatric care managers guide older adults in managing all aspects of one’s health care for today and for long-term care.
The qualified candidate will be professional, have knowledge of health care systems and skills in navigating them, familiarity with the local resources for seniors, possess the ability to relate easily and compassionately with older adults, be able to maintain the highest level of discretion and ethics in safeguarding clients’ confidentiality, proficient with computers and mobile devices, and is willing to stay current with our emerging technologies.
The responsibilities of an RN Geriatric Care Manager includes such duties as:
- Geriatric assessments (non-clinical)
- Developing care plans based on assessments
- Identifying resources to address clients’ health, daily living, and safety needs
- Monitoring clients’ health status and well-being
- Accompanying clients to provider and/or physician appointments
- Educating the clients and/or family on aging issues, health, and life choices
- Coordinating and acting as the liaison with family members, designees, and providers
- Performing administrative tasks associated with service to clients including documentation, scheduling, and regular verbal and written communication with clients and designees
- Attending on-going training sessions and an intense initial weeklong training program
Licensure and Experience Required:
- Active and unencumbered Registered Nursing license through the State of Florida
- 5 years or more of home health care experience either Medicare or Private Duty, experience in both areas is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the local medical community and Florida resources, including knowledge regarding Medicare services and coverage
- Computer experience is required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to communicate and convey pertinent information to the client, family, and designees
- Skilled in assessing client needs, identifying solutions, and implementing interventions
- Ability to be organized, attentive to detail, and accuracy, thorough and timely in follow-up and in documentation
- Ability to provide non-directive guidance and facilitate constructive relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, assertiveness, professionalism, and compassionate disposition
- Must have reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
This position is an office-based position and requires flexibility to work unconventional hours and local travel to accommodate client appointments.
We offer a competitive salary and a supportive work environment. In addition, we offer a full benefits package to include: health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free, smoke-free workplace. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to join our team of professionals, please upload your resume with salary requirements or email to email@example.com.