RN Geriatric Care Manager Supervisor
Are you ready for an opportunity to advance your nursing career and lead a team of highly trained RN Geriatric Care Managers? Take Care Advisor is seeking a full-time RN Geriatric Care Manager Supervisor to join their growing team. Take Care offers competitive compensation and a great office environment. In addition, we offer a full benefits package to include: health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation time, and 401(k) Retirement plan.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please upload your resume and salary requirements for consideration. Take Care’s Human Resources department will contact candidates to complete applications and to schedule interviews at Take Care’s headquarters located at 3982 Bee Ridge Road, Building H, Suite A.
This position is for the corporate Take Care Sarasota office.
Essential Geriatric Care Supervisor Functions
- Supervision of Take Care Advisor Geriatric Care Managers and the services provided by Take Care Advisor.
- Provision of health care management, advisory, and advocacy services to designated clients.
- Serves as the single point of contact for clients, families, advisors, and caregivers to convey objective information and coordination of health care among multiple providers.
- Strives to facilitate a relationship with clients, families, providers, and others, promoting improved communications and fostering clients’ greater well-being, independence, and peace of mind.
- Supervisor & Management of the Take Care Advisor Team
- As directed, will provide supervision of Geriatric Care Managers and the services provided to clients utilizing professionalism and leadership skills.
- Practice clear and concise communication with senior leadership and TCA team to ensure optimum operations of TCA and exemplary care to clients. This includes communication with applicable Take Care Home Health RNs, Clinical Directors and Clinical Services Administrator.
- Commitment to implementing Take Care’s mission to clients.
- Exercise positive motivation and an engaging work environment for TCA Team.
- Provide feedback and guidance to Geriatric Care Managers and participate in performance evaluations and goals.
- Apply sense of urgency and prioritization to all tasks and seek guidance from senior leadership.
- Geriatric Care Management Duties
- TCA client admissions/enrollments.
- Initial and subsequent screening assessments.
- Home/hospital/facility visits.
- Assistance with monitoring medication lists and care plan compliance
- Monitoring client health status and well-being, recommending resources and solutions as appropriate.
- Transportation of clients for health care services and accompaniment to appointments.
- Liaison and coordinator with family members, designees, and providers; creation and maintenance of client’s personal health care record using Internet based software; linkage to other services offered by Take Care Advisor.
- Performance of administrative tasks associated with service to clients, including: scheduling, documentation of all appointments and contact with clients, providing education and information, notices, and regulation communication to clients and designees; and fulfillment of all designated tasks in a through, timely, and reliable manner.
- Business Development
- Potential Clients/New Services
- Potential client meetings/phone calls
- Tracking and follow up with potential clients
- Participation in marketing/community events as directed by senior leadership/President
- Fostering relationships with referral sources, physicians, facilities, clients, clients’ families, etc.
- Participation in on-call supervisory responsibilities (Making phone calls, monitoring emails and when needed, going out to visit clients)
- Business Operations
- Involvement in the monthly billing review process to ensure Care Management activities are accurate as the tasks are translated to invoices.
- Oversight of the Care Managers’ client purchases, mileage reimbursements, etc.
- Work with the President on any changes to process, forms, reporting, etc.
• Registered Nurse with experience in case management and/or discharge planning.
• Supervisor/Manager experience, 3 or more years preferred
• Experience with geriatric patients desired.
Skills & Strengths
- Strong leadership skills including effective communications, conflict resolution, confidentiality, employee engagement, coaching, and ability to drive results.
- Knowledge of the local health care system (physicians, hospitals, assisted living communities, skilled care facilities, Medicare/Medicaid, clinics, resource centers, etc.), adept at facilitating health care coordination.
- Skilled in assessing client needs and identifying resources and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, writing and computer skills, assertiveness, professionalism, and a positive, upbeat, and patient disposition.
- Able to establish credible and trusted relationships with clients, family, other designees, and health care providers.
- Able to relate easily and compassionately with seniors and families, provide non-directive leadership to guide client’s decision-making, facilitate constructive relationships, and mediate and resolve conflict.
- Able to navigate clearly and discern accurately the boundaries of one’s role: as an enabler of the actions and decisions of others, not the decision-maker, as a facilitator of health care, not a provider.
- Discrete, ethical, careful in safeguarding confidentiality per HIPAA, attentive to detail, time management skills, organizational skills, prompt and timely, and committed to customer service.