Effective April 14, 2003
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Our Privacy Commitment to You
As a private duty health care company providing individual and personalized care, Take Care is committed to meeting your needs. That commitment includes protecting personal information we obtain about you.
Take Care keeps your Protected Health Information (PHI) confidential to the extent required by law. An example of PHI would be your name, address, telephone number, social security number, medical history, and physical condition. Be assured that Take Care has always had a policy regarding the confidentiality of client PHI, and we require each employee to sign a Confidentiality Agreement when they begin working with Take Care. We restrict access to personal health information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide personalized care to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in order to ensure that your PHI is adequately protected.
Take Care does not require your written authorization to disclose your Protected Health Information (PHI) when necessary or appropriate for your care or treatment, the operations of our services and business, or other related activities. Examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Coordination of your care with your physician, dentist, nurse practitioner, therapists, RN case manager, or your caregivers
- Providing copies of your medical information to your insurance company on your behalf
- Activities authorized by law for Health Oversight agencies
- In response to a court or administrative order
- To reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of another individual or the public
- Federal officials for intelligence and national security activities authorized by law
Take Care does require your written authorization in order to disclose your Protected Health Information (PHI) for any purposes other than those listed above.
The Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, provides that you have the right to:
- Request restrictions on use of your information
- Request confidential communications by an alternate means or alternate location
- Inspect and copy your health information, except as excluded by law
- Request personal health information be corrected or amended
- Request an accounting of disclosures
- Request a copy of the Privacy Notice
If you believe your rights have been violated, please contact the Privacy Officer at Take Care Private Duty Home Health by writing to 3982 Bee Ridge Rd., Ste. H-A, Sarasota, FL 34233 or by calling (941) 927-2292. Complaints may also be filed with the Secretary of Health and Human Services at (866) 627-7748.