RN Geriatric Care Manager – Part Time
Take Care Advisor, LLC
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Reply to: careers@TakeCareAdvisor.com
Take Care Advisor is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the position of a Geriatric Care Manager in Sarasota, Florida. This position is benefit eligible for care managers who commit to working 4 days per week.
Navigating today’s health care system is for anyone a complex challenge due to the many unrelated providers, services, alternatives and insurance programs that comprise the health care industry. Our nurse Geriatric Care Manager helps clients and their families manage the complexities of life with professional guidance addressing health, independence, and peace of mind.
The qualified candidate will be professional, have knowledge of health care systems and skills in navigating them, familiarity with the local resources for seniors, possess the ability to relate easily and compassionately with older adults, and have the capability to be discrete and ethical in safeguarding clients’ confidentiality.
The responsibilities of an RN Geriatric Care Manager includes such duties as:
- Geriatric assessments (non-clinical)
- Developing care plans based on assessments
- Identifying resources to address clients’ health, daily living, and safety needs
- Monitoring clients’ health status and well-being
- Accompanying clients to provider and/or physician appointments
- Educating the clients and/or family on aging issues, health, and life choices
- Coordinating and acting as the liaison with family members, designees, and providers
- Performing administrative tasks associated with service to clients including documentation, scheduling, and regular verbal and written communication with clients and designees
- Attending on-going training sessions and an intense initial week long training program
Licensure and Experience Required:
- Active and unencumbered Registered Nursing license through the State of Florida
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 5 years or more of home health care experience either Medicare or Private Duty, experience in both areas is preferred
- Experience and proficiency in assessing client needs, identifying solutions, and implementing interventions
- In-depth knowledge of the local medical community and Florida resources, including knowledge regarding Medicare services and coverage
- Computer experience is required-Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to communicate and convey pertinent information to the client, family, and designees
- Ability to be organized, attentive to detail, and accuracy, thorough and timely in follow-up and in documentation
- Ability to provide non-directive guidance and facilitate constructive relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, assertiveness, professionalism, and compassionate disposition
- Must have reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
This position is an office-based position and requires flexibility to work unconventional hours and local travel to accommodate client appointments.
We offer a competitive salary, pro-rated benefits (health, dental, and vision), paid time off (PTO) and a supportive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free, smoke-free workplace. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to join our team of professionals, please submit your resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Location: Sarasota, Florida
- Compensation: competitive
- Submit resume by email.
- Please do not call about this posting.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact.
- Please do not contact about other services, products, or commercial interests.