July 13, 2020: Important Update
We hope you are all doing well and staying as safe as possible as we continue to fight to stop the spread of COVID-19. As requirements shift and change, Take Care is working hard to provide information that allows you to keep up the great work you do caring for clients in a safe manner. The following new or restated protocols are provided to help guide you through this changing environment as well as give you the information needed to continue providing outstanding care:
- If you care for a client who resides in an assisted living or skilled nursing facility, you will need to get a COVID test every two week. Please note that some independent living facilities may also implement this requirement.
- Once tested, you must call Take Care and provide the location, date and time you were tested. It is extremely important that you keep any documentation that shows proof of testing and carry it with you so you can provide it should the facility ask to see that proof of testing. If possible, we ask that you take a picture of that documentation and email it to Take Care at !email@example.com.
- Once you receive your test results, please notify Take Care Human Resources and email the results to the above referenced email.
- If you are planning to travel or if you are having visitors, please contact Take Care so we can discuss any steps that may need to be taken to ensure your and the clients safety.
- Finally, if you have or think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please call Take Care immediately and speak with one of the following nursing supervisors: Alicia Uelmen, Clinical Services Administrator, Diane Michael, Clinical Director, Tammie Karalfa, Clinical Director, or Sue Wise, CEO/Owner.
Sue, Courtney and Erika understand the stress and difficulty of meeting the various CDC and State Health Department testing requirements and want to express their continued heartfelt gratitude for all that you do and the care you provide to our clients.