Take Care – TrueTrak Telephony System
How TrueTrak Works and What Information is Recorded:
- TrueTrak uses the client’s phone number and your employee PIN (last five of your SSN) to validate your current visit. You must call from your client’s home phone for the system to record correctly.
- TrueTrak will record the exact timestamp from your check in—when you arrive at the client’s home—and check out—when you are leaving the client’s home.
- On checkout, you will also enter any ADLs (activities) that were completed during the visit, if applicable. You do not complete a paper time slip or paper ADL for the visit when you use the telephony system. There is a separate handout with all the activities and associated codes.
- If either check in or check out is not successful with telephony then you must turn in a paper time slip and a paper ADL form in order to be paid accurately. Paper forms are due by 10AM each Monday.
- If you have technical issues with the TrueTrak system outside of regular office hours, please call 941-927-2292 and choose Option 4. This will allow you to leave a voice mail for the TrueTrak Monitor. If you have technical issues during regular business hours please call 941-927-2292 and ask for the TrueTrak Monitor.
How to Use the TrueTrak System for Check In:
- Dial Take Care’s TrueTrak number from your client’s home phone: (941) 923.3434. You should be arriving to the client’s location and checking in within 5 minutes of the start time of your visit.
- When the TrueTrak system attendant answers the call, she will request your 5 digit employee PIN—this is the last 5 digits of your SSN.
- Once PIN is entered and approved, the system will state your name and ask if you would like to check into your visit. Press 1 for “Yes” and 2 for “No.”
- You can hang up to end the call once system confirms you have checked in.
How to Use the TrueTrak System for Check Out:
- Dial Take Care’s TrueTrak number from your client’s home phone: (941) 923-3434.
- When the TrueTrak system attendant answers the call, she will request your 5 digit employee PIN—the last 5 digits of your SSN.
- The system will ask you if you would like to check out from the visit. Press 1 for “Yes” and 2 for “No”.
- If you select “Yes,” you will be prompted to enter activities (ADLs) that were completed on the client visit. This is completed by typing the three digit activity code along with the single digit reason code and pound “ # ” (e.g. 1011#). Once all activities have been entered, you will press star “ * ” and then pound “ # ” (e.g. * #) on the phone to exit the activities entry system and check out of the visit. Please note: If no activities were completed on the visit, you can press *# to check out and complete the call.
- On completion of check out, the system will ask you whether there were any changes to the client’s condition. Press 1 for “Yes” and 2 for “No.” If you select option 1, you will be prompted to call the main office number immediately to report the status change to a nurse.
System Usage Notes
For Sunday overnight shifts, you will need to check in at the start time and check out at midnight. You will then check in again at midnight and check out at the shift end time. This is due to the billing and pay period ending at midnight on Sunday with both shifts (e.g. 11 PM to 12 AM and 12 AM to 7 AM) being considered independent shifts.
Adjacent Shift Check In/Check Out:
Relief caregivers should immediately check in upon arrival to the client’s residence followed immediately by the outgoing caregivers check out. This is due to the length of time needed for a check in versus a check out and allows the relief caregiver to immediately begin working with the client as soon as check in is completed.
Client Requested Hold Over or Send Away:
The process for client requested hold over or send away is no different than prior to telephony. A call is required into Nursing for either situation as permission is required for any deviation from the scheduled shift times.
Glenridge Pick Up Only or Glenridge Transport Only:
Telephony cannot be used for these visits. Please submit paper time slips for these visits. There are no ADLs associated with these visits.
Use telephony to check in one time and check out one time for couple care; do not complete ADLs over the telephony system. You will need to complete one paper ADL for each individual. You do not need to complete paper time slips.
Take Care – TrueTrak Activity Codes
Activities are now entered via the TrueTrak Telephony system and only the activities completed on the particular visit need to be entered. Any activities not entered will be assumed not completed.
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) for Electronic Documentation
Below is a chart of all possible Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and their associated codes. Every activity requires that a Reason Code be added. There are three reason codes that will need to be entered along with the activity code in the Activity Code + Reason Code + # format, once prompted by the TrueTrak system.
Example: If a transfer was completed with a hands-on assist, the activity would be entered as 1052# once prompted by the TrueTrak system.
For any of the activities marked by an asterisk (*) in the Activity chart, simply use reason code 1 to denote “Yes.”
Example: For a medication reminder, the activity would be entered as 1171# once prompted by the TrueTrak system.
Note: The frequency of activities is not noted unless that frequency constitutes a change in client condition. It should then be reported as a client condition change by calling Nursing.
|Assist with Meals||101||Total Assist (*Yes)||1|
|Ambulation with Assistive Device||102||Hands-on Assist||2|
|Transfer – General||105||Stand-by Assist||3|
|*Bladder (if witnessed)||114|
|*Bowel (if witnessed)||115|
|Ambulation – General||118|
|Transfer with Assistive Device||119|
**Note: For any skilled nursing visit, Clinical Notes will continue to be required. This process remains the same as it currently functions and is unrelated to TrueTrak.**