Courtney Wise Snyder, MSG, CMC
As President for Take Care Private Duty Home Health Care and for Take Care Advisor in Sarasota, Florida, Courtney coordinates and facilitates daily operations for both Take Care companies. She is involved with the strategic planning and implementation of office procedures, from billing and accounting to marketing and communications.
Courtney joined Take Care in 2008 to launch Take Care Advisor, the RN geriatric care management business within Take Care. Under Courtney’s leadership, Take Care Advisor has grown from a start-up business to a highly recognized healthcare service which has tripled in size and continues to be voted “Best of the Best.” Over the years, Courtney has also held the positions of Executive Director of Take Care Advisor and Executive Director of all Take Care Client Services. In addition, Courtney has been a part of the Senior Leadership Team strategically planning and spearheading the success and continued growth of Take Care Home Health.
Courtney was featured on the cover of the November 2016 issue of West Coast Woman. The article recognizes Courtney’s growth within Take Care and her strategic planning and innovative ingenuity to push Take Care to new levels, while ensuring our continuity of character and consistency of values. Read an excerpt from the article:
“Courtney brings a wealth of business acumen and insight into her leadership role in addition to a tireless commitment to the success of the family business. Moreover, she balances a clear vision for the future of the company with a tremendous respect for and pride in the history, employees and culture of the company that her mother created…Like her mother, Courtney embodies strong ethics and stays true to values that are important to staff and clients. With her leadership and problem-solving skills, she assures that those who need their services will be assisted by compassionate and skilled caregivers.”
To read the full article, visit this link.
Courtney strongly believes in giving back to the community and in 2014, Courtney was recognized for her contributions and investment in the community by receiving the Girls Inc. “She Knows Where She’s Going” award.
In addition, Courtney has been an active member of the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce and the Young Professional Group and in 2011 received the “Young Professional of the Year” recognition for her community networking, outreach, commitment and service to the Sarasota Chamber organization, and to her philanthropic dedication. While also being a part of the YPG, she volunteers for Big Brothers Big Sisters in their mentoring program. In July 2010, Courtney was selected as a “40 Under 40″ winner by the Business Observer. This program recognizes inspiring business professionals from Tampa to Naples, Florida. In addition, Courtney was chosen as a Young Professional of the Year finalist in May 2010.
The award-winning business magazine, 941CEO, selected Courtney as one of the 2009 “People to Watch,” a yearly program that highlights rising business people and movers and shakers who are doing something new and innovative in the Sarasota business world. Courtney was chosen based on her insight and vision for the future of geriatric care management. Courtney is helping to propel Take Care Advisor to the forefront of health care integration.
Courtney received a Master of Science in Gerontology degree from the University of Southern California’s Davis School of Gerontology in Los Angeles, California. She previously worked for the L.I.F.E. Program and completed field work by providing information, referrals, and care management services for older adults at the Freda Mohr Multipurpose Senior Center in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. In addition, Courtney was on the University of Southern California Alumni Association Board of Governors.
Courtney formerly worked for a private duty geriatric care management company in Pasadena, California assessing client needs in conjunction with clients and/or family, physicians, and ancillary health care providers. Prior to her graduate studies, Courtney graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and a minor in Gerontology. Courtney grew up in Sarasota, Florida and moved back from Los Angeles to join the Take Care team.
Awards & Accolades:
- Girls Inc. 2014 “She Knows Where She’s Going” award
- Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Small Business Award 2011 “Young Professional of the Year” Winner
- Business Observer 2010 “40 Under 40″ winner
- Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Small Business Award 2010 “Young Professional of the Year” Finalist
- Biz941 “25 People to Watch” 2009
- Member of the Sigma Phi Omega National Academic Honor and Professional Society in Gerontology (University of Southern California)
- Leighton E. Cluff Award for Aging Research (University of Florida)
- Sarasota Young Professional Group Volunteer Chair (2010-2012)
- University of Southern California Alumni Association Board of Governors
In the News:
- West Coast Woman | Courtney Wise Snyder, President, November 2016
- Business Observer | Wise Move, July 29, 2016
Speaking & Community Opportunities:
- USF STEM Summit Workshop Presenter (May 2013)
- Panelist Speaker for the Risk Management Association’s Women in Business event (September 2011)
- Speaker for the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee and the US Department of Labor Women’s Bureau “HerStory” event (April 2011) SCF Article
- Judging Panel for the 2012 Young Professional of the Year, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce (April 2012)